The Man Quiche
From “Eating Well with IBS,” by Kate Scarlata, R.D., L.D.N on page109
1 9-in store-bought piecrust
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, grated
5 slices of turkey bacon cooked and cut into 1-in pieces
3 chicken sausages; cook and cut into bite-sized chunks
4 large eggs
1 ½ cups lactose-free low-fat milk
¼ tsp. onion salt
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1. Bake piecrust according to package directions to brown it slightly.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°E
3. Place cheddar cheese, turkey bacon, and cooked sausage in an even layer in bottom of piecrust.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, onion salt, and Italian seasoning. Pour into piecrust, filling just to the top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through. Quiche should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F, as measured with a food thermometer.
6. Let sit for 10 minutes to cool down a bit, cut, and serve. If serving with brunch, a garden salad is a great addition.