- Shelled frozen or fresh edamame beans
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Chili powder
- Dried basil
- Onion salt
- Ground Cumin
- Black pepper
- Baking Sheet
1. Prepare the oven by making sure the racks are in the lower position and preheat to 400°F.
2. Mix an 8 to 10 ounce package of shelled frozen or fresh edamame beans with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of kosher salt.
3. Add spice to beans by mixing together ½ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon each of dried basil, onion salt, and ground cumin, and 1/8 teaspoon each of paprika and black pepper. Mix the spices with the oiled edamame beans.
4. Place the beans in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet. Place the pan in a hot oven and roast for 12 to 15 minutes. Watch the beans closely and toss several times to prevent burning.
5. Serve the beans warm as a vegetable side dish or cool as a snack. Store any leftover beans in a refrigerator.