Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
Recipe comes from “The Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook,” by Cybele Pascal
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup plus
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3 cups Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix (Gluten-Free Flour made by combining 4 cups brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch and 2/3 cup tapioca flour. Keep in the refrigerator until use.)
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus
2 tablespoons raisins or currants
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the canola oil and agave nectar, mixing on medium speed for about 20 seconds.
- Add the applesauce and ginger and mix for about 20 seconds.
- In separate bowl, combine the flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Turn off mixer and fold in raisins/currants.
- Fill the liners to the rim with batter.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 40 minutes, or until lovely golden brown on top, rotating the pan halfway through. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before eating.