March 23, 2011
From Allergy Proof Recipes for Kids by Leslie Hammond and Lynne Marie Rominger, age 132
- 1 box (8 to 12 ounces or 225 to 340 g) gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 1 pound (455 g) ground beef
- 3/4 cup (95 g) chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces or 225 g) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces or 115 g) diced green chili peppers, drained
- 2 teaspoons (5.2 g) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (2.8 g) minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 420 g) red kidney beans, drained
1. Cook noodles according to the package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. In a skillet, brown beef and onion until cooked completely. Stir in the tomato paste plus one can (8 ounces) of water. Add the chili peppers, chili powder, salt, and garlic. Add the noodles and the kidney beans and stir to combine.
Yield: 5 serving