Banana Flax Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
These hearty muffins are tasty and energy packed.
¼ cup canola oil
1 cup light agave nectar
1 ½ cups mashed ripe banana
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¾ cup golden flaxseed meal
2 ½ cups Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the canola oil and agave nectar, mixing on medium speed for about 20 seconds.
- Add the mashed banana, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and mix for 20 seconds. Add the flax meal and mix until combined, about 10 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low until just combined, about 20 seconds.
- Turn off the mixer and fold in the raisins.
- Fill the liner to the rim with batter. They will be heaping.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes, or until lovely golden brown on top, rotating the pan halfway through. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.