Autism Transformation for Educators
From Frustrated and Overwhelmed to Overwhelming Success: 10 Concepts That Will Transform the Way You Understand and Teach Students with Autism and Other Neurodevelopmental Disorders
If you are an education professional working with students on the autism spectrum or with other neurodevelopmental disorders, you are no doubt left feeling challenged and frustrated at times. Even small everyday activities can feel like a struggle, and you may find yourself wondering why things can’t be easier. Maybe you’ve read many resources about autism, tried lots of techniques, and used different approaches in an effort to make life easier for you and students. But, at the end of the day things still feel like a struggle and you worry about what tomorrow will bring.
In the Autism Transformation for Educators Audio Program you will gain simple and powerful techniques that will reduce your stress level and significantly impact student performance. This unique fast-paced audio program will completely alter the way you understand and work with students who have these disorders, regardless of their age or ability levels. Over the course of the program we will guide you through information and activities that will radically shift how you approach communication, academic learning, behavior, and social engagement with these students.
“As a participant in this workshop, I was challenged to make a paradigm shift in my overall thinking toward EVERY approach that I use with students with special needs. As an occupational therapist with 33 years experience, I continue to “grow and learn”, just as our students do. The information presented in this conference has allowed me to create a greater number of “teachable moments” with my students. I learned a number of very specific strategies to use with my students, and I will begin doing so immediately. This program is filled with valuable information presented in a professional, yet fun, format. I highly recommend it!”
Mary Cay Puska
“This was an excellent introduction for me, as this is my first time working with a child who has autism.”
“The information and strategies provided in this program have been invaluable to me in my work with parents and professionals. I have used the material I learned throughthis program as the basis for parent training sessions as well as an in-service for our special education teachers. Both groups have responded well and left the sessions with simple and useful things to do at home and in their classrooms that made their kids with ASD more available for cooperative activities and new learning.”
Joe Baker, School Social Worker
You will learn about the most important elements to consider when designing appropriate educational opportunities, including:
- The most important thing these students need to spend time on in school (It’s generally ignored, which leads to big problems.)
- How your relationship with these students paves the way for all areas of growth and development (This will open your eyes to a whole new way to engage them!)
- A new way to view students’ “control issues” and how to reduce them (This segment alone will save you time and energy on a daily basis.)
- Simple communication changes that create big changes for students (The changes will happen effortlessly when you know these tips.)
- The pacing you must use in order to speed up progress for your students (This is a little-known strategy that you probably haven’t even thought of before.)
- How to change things up in ways that don’t freak your students out (Imagine how much smoother the day will go when you know how to do this!)
- Creating an environment that supports learning (A few key changes to your space can make a huge difference.)
- The one thing you must make sure you do for each student before they leave each day (This is key for them in school and life!)
- Effective ways to use labels and classifications of students (We’ll show you how to think outside the box and understand what’s really going on.)
- What to-do and what not-to-do with the families of your students (These strategies make life less stressful for everyone involved.)
If you are a professional who invested in your own learning and in helping students reach their maximum potential, then this audio program is for you. Our programs provide the optimal balance of theory and practice so you can begin implementing your learning right away. Whether you have never worked with a student who has autism or another neurodevelopmental disorder, or you have worked extensively with this population, we guarantee you will receive new insights and strategies! Specific professionals who will benefit from this audio program include:
• Special Education Teachers
• General Education Teachers
• School Social Workers
• Speech Language Pathologists
• Occupational Therapists
• Physical Therapists
• School Psychologists
• Anyone else involved in the education of students with unique learning needs
“One of the major things I took away from this workshop was shifting my perspective on student behaviors. By understanding behaviors from this new perspective I am better able help my students to feel calm and safe as opposed to engaging in challenging behaviors.
An example of a specific success I have had since attending the workshop is in relation to a student struggling with bus time in the afternoon. This student started to routinely refuse to put on a seatbelt harness and walk to the bus. Physical interventions and extra staff were necessary nearly every afternoon. The workshop opened my eyes to some things we were doing that were only making the situation worse. After implementing the strategies I learned at the workshop we are now able to help the student transition to the bus without difficulty. Things like this are much easier for my staff and me than they were before!
The communication strategies I learned at the workshop have led to a great reduction in aggression and frustration in our students. When staff members are communicating in this way, it significantly increases the success of the students.”
Special Education Teacher
- Five audio CD’s filled with all of the content from our daylong live event for education professionals. You will be able to listen to all of the lectures and activities, including the question and answers segments from educators who attended the event live.
- Workbook filled with handouts to accompany the audio CDs, as well as additional written resources to provide you with even more information and strategies, and assist you with implementation.
- The audio CDs and Workbook come conveniently packaged in a high-quality binder that snaps closed to keep everything securely inside.
- A copy of Learning As We Grow: Enriching Education for Students with Autism and Other Neurodevelopmental Disorders. This comprehensive book provides additional information, strategies, and examples to enhance the content presented in this audio program.
“I have several children with autism in my kindergarten classroom, and this program allowed me to reflect on my teaching and explore ways to better instruct my students. The content and activities confirmed for me that I was doing some things well, and also gave me new strategies for dealing with recurring problem areas. I was having particular problems with helping my students with autism develop flexibility, and found myself tiptoeing around the problems in order to avoid meltdowns. By using strategies from this workshop I am now helping my students become much more flexible!”
“Thank you, thank you! This experience was wonderful and I have learned so much! I feel so much better and more prepared as a teacher.”
Adaptive PE Teacher
Don’t overlook the convenience of having all of this information presented in audio format. You won’t need to take time away from the classroom, find a substitute, or make travel arrangements to attend a workshop with this content – it’s all right here for you to experience wherever and whenever you would like. Make the most out of your driving time and listen in the car or as you ride the train to work. Complete the program at your own pace and review segments as often as you’d like. Not only can you benefit, but you can share the audios and workbook resources with your colleagues. This is a resource you will benefit from both now and in the future, and I guarantee it will be part of your professional library for years to come.
The entire Autism Transformation for Educators Audio Program, including all of the resources listed above, is only $297.00. This is an introductory price, and the program will not be offered at this low cost forever. Take advantage of this special pricing now while it’s still available.
Get started on the road to transformation with your students today. Click below to purchase now.